REVISED 1:48PM, 11/16/2019
I have been traveling and living abroad for 8 of the past 9 years . . . since 2011! Go me! I’m living my dream. I’m currently working as an English Teacher in Malaga, Spain.
Here are my goals while I’m here:
- Spread joy and positivity to all of my students – I work with children and adults – and inspire them to love learning English.
- Learn Spanish.
- I’m currently in Spanish classes twice a week, and I have a Spanish ultimate frisbee team and Spanish roommates.
- Stay healthy
- A plant-based diet (95 percent vegan with no guilt for occasional exceptions while traveling. Strict vegetarian.)
- Walk at least 10,000 steps every day and play ultimate frisbee 2 to 3 times per week.
5 year plan:
- Live and work in Malaga, Spain to improve my Spanish and help others learn English.
- Get a teaching credential and masters in education to help my teaching career.
- Continue learning Spanish in South America. Teach English, travel alone, visit Patagonia, sustainable communities, yoga teacher training.
- Teach English in South Korea or Taiwan for 2 years.
Other things I would like to do:
- Do via ferratas (a form of rock climbing) with my dad every summer.
- Visit my sister in Washington DC once a year, and go home to Santa Barbara every summer.
- Do a road trip across the USA, stopping to car camp, hike, and rock climb.
- Do a big hike in the USA, possibly the Pacific Crest Trail or Appalachian Trail.
- 10 day vipasana silent meditation retreat.
- Go busking and sell my own CD.
- Travel in China for 6 months or a year. Yangshuo, Guilin, Tibet. Visit Mongolia, Trans Siberian Railway.
- Learn yoga and meditation in India at the Sivananda Ashram, trek with my dad in Nepal.
- GO TO BURNING MAN.
General Knowledge I Would Like to Learn:
1. How to make balloon animals (I’m not kidding).
2. Nutrition, healthy eating, recipes, cooking, veganism, raw food, etc.
3. Meditation, breathing, yoga, relaxation techniques, etc.
4. Any kind of healing art: massage, reiki, chiropractic, reflexology…
5. All languages with focus on Spanish and Japanese.
6. Graphic design, website design, HTML coding.
7. How to start a non-profit, grant writing.
8. Business, finance, etc.
9. Hula hoop tricks.
What I’ve Already Accomplished (in no particular order. Click the links to see photos.)
1. Did a solo motorcycle trip in Taiwan
2. Done some epic multi-day hikes in New Zealand – the Routeburn, Greenstone Caples, Mount Aspiring, Stewart Island
3. Visited the house that my great grandmother grew up in
4. Graduated from university – and had a great time doing it!
5. Kayaked and rock-climbed in Vietnam
6. Volunteered to teach English twice in Southeast Asia – Cambodia and Indonesia
7. Traveled with my mom in Australia and Thailand
8. Went on a road trip with some awesome people in New Zealand
9. Was part of an amazing ultimate frisbee team in Santa Cruz
10. Went skydiving in Northland, New Zealand – see the video!
11. Partied with my friend Sajira in Manila, the Philippines
12. Lived at a raw food detox retreat in the Philippines
13. Studied Thai Massage for 12 days in a tiny village near Chiang Mai
14. Taught English for two years in rural Japan – Echizen-shi, Fukui Prefecture
15. Taught English in a pueblo called Almendralejo, Spain for a year
I CAN MANIFEST MY GOALS AND DREAMS.